Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Hopeless hopeful

When I read articles like this one from The Sacramento Bee, it almost makes me think Hilary Clinton has a snowball's chance in Hades to become the next president. I would LOVE to see a woman in the oval office. It almost doesn't matter which woman it is. Clinton is smart, savvy, and after all the hubbub about her husband's fling...she still came out looking good. (Anyone hear the echoes of "Stand by your Man"...?)

But somehow I think if the candidate's looks play into this, and they seem to count...Mitt Romney looks like one of the most photogenic of them all. What about Edwards, though? Now that I think of it, I don't recall his name brought up once in the article. Strangely disturbing. No photo, either. Why not put him on as running mate for H.R. Clinton? A Clinton / Edwards ticket would be one I'd like to see. Or maybe Clinton / Obama? Or maybe not?

What candidate will come out of the woodwork for the Republicans? I don't like Romney's recent press mutterings, but he was gov of Massachusetts, which already gives him some punch, so to speak.

I guess I am just so depressed about the whole presidential race--as long as the candidate is not ultra-religious or ultra-weird, I guess I can live with it. I'm resigned. After all, have you seen who we have for P and VP right now? No wonder I am feeling hopeless.

No comments: